ac-archive-maintainers

License (was: The Policy(tm))

From: Peter Simons
Subject: License (was: The Policy(tm))
Date: 29 Jan 2003 02:15:10 +0100

Russ Allbery writes:

 > There are no legal difficulties that come from accepting code with
 > those licenses; I just wasn't sure if you were intending to reject
 > them as a matter of policy.

Alright, you got me convinced. I changed the policy (on the web page
as well) to say this:

   1. All macros accepted into the archive must be licensed as free
      software. We accept any license known to be compatible with the
      GNU GPL. You will find an extensive list of available licenses
      at the gnu.org Licenses page. For consistency, we recommend to
      use the same license as the Autoconf tool suite itself: the GNU
      General Public License with this special GPL Exception.

That should make Stallman happy and basically allows anything.

This is going to be fun to implement ... :-)

Peter