ac-archive-maintainers

categories and abbrevs

From: Guido Draheim
Subject: categories and abbrevs
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 20:12:07 +0100

I've been using some @category marker to help the layout
engine on sfnet to move some macros around. Well, that
would have not been that good for the gnu formatter. A
similar thing for braden's macros where I have been
trying a bit with @license and @copyright. Those are
extra extensions handled specially.

Afer all, I did have a look again at the possibilities
of making up "abbreviations" for the `classic style
directives`. A proposal had been posted on the autoconf
mailing list a while back when the flames where still
high ;-) Anyway, I did have a few test round on what
looks good in normal text where it might not be
parsed away, and here is another proposal:

    # @* AX_CFLAGS_WHATEVER (synopsis)
    # @* AX_CXXFLAGS_WHATEVER (alternative)
    # @, Installed Packages, experimental (categories)
    # @; the author <address@hidden>
    # @! license info
    # @(c) copyright info

where of course each has a `long format` as well,
(@author,@license,@copyright,@category,@synopsis).

After changing the @categories of the macros, I did
sync them into the gnu ac-archive - hope you don't
mind that.

-- cheers, guido