accessibility

Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms

From: Jason White
Subject: Re: [Accessibility] Call to Arms
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:28:42 +1000

Willem van der Walt <address@hidden> wrote:
> I think that those of us who are serious about a11y on none-proprietary
> platforms and also understand the four freedoms as stated by the FSF will
> end up working together anyway.

I agree, and I welcome the FSF's decision to take a leadership role in this
area.

I support the development of free (as in freedom) accessibility-related
software for free operating systems, as well as improvements in the
accessibility of free programs. I think this essentially captures the ambit of
this forum; it is concerned with the intersection of free software and
accessibility for people with disabilities. It is not concerned with
proprietary software or the development of libraries and tools that
are designed to interoperate with it.