adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring

From: Alexandre Courbot
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Image format and custom coloring
Date: 04 Mar 2002 19:53:26 +0100

> I like it!
> How about this: Artists make the changeable areas in greyscale (which is
> easy in most gfx apps and provides the coverter with brightness info for
> that area), and then the artists make one extra image of the same size
> for each changeable area - these images would be black and white, white
> is the changeable area and black is everything else - a mask
> essentially.
> Would that be good?

Perfect I'd say. I could even hack a little plug in for Gimp, if this
would help. Although Gimp already provides such functionnality (with
mask selections and so on).

Well, this is written down to my todo list - right after we have a
decent map engine! ;) (can't promise this will make it into 0.4 though)

Alex.
--
http://www.gnurou.org