adonthell-artwork

[Adonthell-artwork] Sprite & model for the grandfather clock

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: [Adonthell-artwork] Sprite & model for the grandfather clock
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 20:59:26 +0200

Since the grandfather clock is one of the more complex objects, I've
created the sprites for top and bottom and a model out of the two. See

https://github.com/ksterker/wastesedge/commit/d37bea125f284446b64889e7db0d2f5384012a97

As mentioned on the Wiki, sprites need to be build by hand. Doing so
reminded me again, that there are two features that might be useful at
times: mirror_x and mirror_y. I guess in case of the clock it would
not have worked out, as its not exactly symmetric, but it would be
something to keep in mind for future animations.

I did place the finished clock on the map48.xml test map and it seems
to work okay. Not sure if the timing is exactly right. In-game time is
tied to the game cycles. 5 cycles a 25ms make one in-game second So
I've set the animation delay for the clock face to 5*25*60*60, which
should make one hour in the game. Will have to see whether that works
out.

Oh, the best way to test stuff is to actually rename map48.xml to
redwyne-inn.xml and then simply run worldtest with the wastesedge
data. It'll spew errors as there is no player character yet on that
map, but that won't affect the actual rendering.

Kai