adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Floor tiles (was "Graphics repository")

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Floor tiles (was "Graphics repository")
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:23:38 +0200

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Your suggestion will work, provided the blue part of the wall comes as
>> a separate image. You can still combine that to a single "outer wall"
>> model. And that way you could reuse the pink part for "inner" walls,
>> that would need to be cut completely to support the floor above.
>
> Ok cool. I suppose we need a convention then for the vertical thickness of
> floor tiles. Currently the vertical height of tiles is 32px (2/3 of 48px), so
> perhaps a quarter of that, i.e. 8px?

Right now they are 5px, but that decision was completely arbitrary.
8px will be fine. Although how much would that be in "real life"
measure? I assume the 96px is about 2m. So if I did my math right, 8px
is about 16.66cm. Seems okay to me.

> Then inner wall pieces would be 88px tall (3 * 32px - 8px) and outer wall
> pieces would remain 96px (3 * 32px).

Sounds good.

>> Which leads to the question: do the walls align with the floor tile
>> boundaries, or do they sit on the seam between floor tiles? From your
>> example images, I assume the latter.
>
> Correct. I've designed my Redwyne inn gfx so that they sit on the seam
> between floor tiles.

Good. From what I experienced, that makes it much more easy to align
any possible structure to standard floor tiles.

> Btw, my new PC just arrived. I'll unpack it now and try to get Linux &
> Adonthell setup on it so I can start making models. Yay!

That was fast. Let me know when you run into trouble. Should be around
on IRC a bit later tonight.

Kai