adonthell-artwork

Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Wall names revisted

From: Kai Sterker
Subject: Re: [Adonthell-artwork] Wall names revisted
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 22:41:28 +0200

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM, James Nash <address@hidden> wrote:

> This then lead into a discussion about adding some functionality to allow
> grouping of models in the tools. T & X shaped wall pieces could then be a
> model group of the relevant corner models. This sort of thing would also be
> useful when moving groups of models (like a house) around on a map.

Had some more thoughts about that, and I believe I have a design that
should be fairly simple to implement. The first step will probably
only allow temporary groups, to move whole structures across the map,
but from there it should only be a short way to storing and loading
groups for later use. I still think I will follow my initial priority
list, which would mean the next thing would be filtering models to a
list of matching pieces.

> I then moved on to breaking up my existing wall gfx into inside & outside
> graphics. This is now mostly done and in the repo. The main exception is the
> roof gfx which I'll get on to soon.

Great. Hadn't time to do anything this weekend, but saw all the stuff
you pushed to the repo :-). Amazed that we'll actually have gfx for
the inside of the walls. Too bad people never get to see those (unless
we implement the see-through stuff).

Kai