advocate

Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] NPR station WBUR Boston adds support for free au

From: Bob Chandler
Subject: Re: [Advocate Play Ogg] NPR station WBUR Boston adds support for free audio standard
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 20:09:32 -0400

Nice to see that we've won one!

It appears that we've lost one in Canada.

Radio Canada's French language "Espace Musique" service seems to have
dropped their ogg vorbis audio stream (they've dropped Real Player too)
and just stream in Windows Media Player underneath one of those "cutesy"
flash players.

Radio Canada's "Premiere Chaine" doesn't do any ogg streaming at all.

CBC Radio One streams their Toronto feed in ogg vorbis...but none of the
others.   CBC Radio Two also streams in ogg vorbis in the Eastern time
zone...but none of the others.  All other streams are Windows Media
Player.  Internet-only CBC Radio Three only streams in mp3.

FYI

Bob