ampu-dev

RE: [Ampu-dev] New site sections

From: Stover, Michael
Subject: RE: [Ampu-dev] New site sections
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 11:12:24 -0500

My thought was that only the Taskforce activities would need to be private.

The confusion I think is that these secrect Taskforces are essentially the
private Forums you're talking about.  In the public forum,
an initiative is proposed (ie we need to make a bid for contract X).  In the
forum itself, it is decided that the bid needs to be secret, so a
"Taskforce" is assigned, which turns out to be select members of the Forum
(selected democratically and openly, of course).  This taskforce is
essentially a closed jury at this point that deliberates.  They have to
communicate back to the forum (ie "we've written up a bid and submitted to
the customer"), but some things are kept secret, as needed.

Maybe this taskforce creates a private forum on the spot to make further
decisions - but it's not a permanent forum.  It's only for this particular
decision.  So, there aren't private forums "sitting out there" unaccounted
for, and becoming a member of a secret taskforce is a matter of open
discussion.

-Mike