aramorph-users

Re: [Aramorph-users] XML tables

From: Pierrick Brihaye
Subject: Re: [Aramorph-users] XML tables
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:18:55 +0200

Hi,

Ahmed El-dawy wrote:

Here's the newer version. Notice that there are two functions to transform dictionaries to XML.

Nice idea.

One for a list of <entry> tags, and the other for hierarchy structure.
I attached the latest version of the two classes (DOM and SAX).

OK. First comments....

Don't use com.sun.* packages but *standard* ones (javax.*, org.*) because I want Aramorph to be buildable on any JVM in order to keep my Savannah hosting :-)

Furthermore don't use DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl, just DocumentBuilderFactory : you shouldn't have access to the factory's underlying implementation*s* ;-)

In the SAX file, the compatibility tables ares build using... DOM.

When you process a string from the original dictionary, please give it as as a comment in the code (my fault if this has not been done earlier).

Nice work however,

By the way, SAX is not that *very fast* you told about. It is just faster (Abut 13% faster).

Compare what can be compared. The code essentially deals with content transformation, *not* with XML generation. On a x Mb file, SAX is *much* quicker than DOM.

Any way, it is much better for memory saving.

Definitely !

I am ready to make the parser using SAX, but I am waiting for answers for questions in the previous mail....

Feel free to ask.

Cheers,

--
Pierrick Brihaye, informaticien