artanis

Re: [Artanis] database with Japanese text not displaying properly

From: Julio Claudio Matus Ramirez
Subject: Re: [Artanis] database with Japanese text not displaying properly
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 23:17:11 +0900

Hello Nala Ginrut,

Thanks for the suggestion. But setlocale didn't fix it. I was able to
input/output Japanese just fine on guile, the only problem was with the
database (client) connection...
After many hours, I got to this solution:

<% (DB-query conn "set names utf8") %>

(adding this before calling the database query in the viewer)

It's the only way I could find to change the encoding for the client
output. If you have any other solution/suggestion I'm very interested.

It would be great if we could add random connection initilization raw
strings/options as with other frameworks. Being able to call random sql
code would be nice too (I'm guessing you didn't intend DB-query to be
used in this way).

P.S. Still loving this project.

--
diaspora: sysad.org/u/rikijpn