artanis

Re: [Artanis] database with Japanese text not displaying properly

From: Julio Claudio Matus Ramirez
Subject: Re: [Artanis] database with Japanese text not displaying properly
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 22:19:48 +0900

Hey Nala,

Thanks for the continuous support.
Yes, "set names utf8" is database specific, and I'm guessing not all
users will want to use utf8 anyway. Many people might have their own
specific settings for any number of reasons, so it'd be great if we had
somewhere to put such non-framework-directly-related stuff. The hook in
the ENTRY file sounds great.

I tried recompiling artanis, then re-creating my project, then adding
the code:

(run-when-DB-init
  (lambda (conn)
    (DB-query conn "set names utf8")))

to my ENTRY file (top file in project dir), between the use-modules and
init-server functions. But it just says:

ENTRY:3:0: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: run-when-DB-init

After doing a grep -r with "run-when-DB-init" on my bin/lib dir I got:

Binary file guile/2.2/site-ccache/artanis/utils.go matches

I'm afraid I haven't read the code enough to help you provide a solution
for this hook, but just to let you know it's not working for me. Am I
missing any steps?

The work-around of just adding the DB-query code in the viewer before
calling the db query is working for me so far anyway.

Cheers,

--
address@hidden (XMPP/mail)
other mails:address@hidden,gmail.com}