artanis

Re: Move from gitlab.com?

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: Re: Move from gitlab.com?
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 15:00:58 +0800

Hi Akib and all!
Yes, GitLab is not the best choice, but please don't forget the official
main repo is on savannah:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/artanis.git

And the official workflow is based on GNU mailing-list, say, here.

The GitLab is convenient for new-school folks, so I choose GitLab as the
mirror, but folks may also send patch via GitLab.

I have to clarify one critical reason why I moved from GitHub to GitLab, it's
because I don't trust Microsoft's perspective on FOSS.

Of course, sometimes I have to use GitHub for the cooperations out of GNU.
That's
fine for me.

So even GitLab is also a weak choice for software freedom, IMHO, it's better
than GitHub. After all, we have savannah as the main repo to make sure
people can always get the source code. I don't think it'll be good to
move here and there, since we need a stable platform to organize the community.

So here's my conclusion: we're not going anywhere.

Please feel free to make mirror on other platform you trust. This is a
good way to enhance the freedom. But please don't open issues or patches
on these platforms.

If you encounter something unfair on GitLab, please always find this
mailing-list, we're here to help.

Best regards.

--
GNU Powered it