artanis

Re: Artanis on Guix with Guile-DBI

From: Jaft
Subject: Re: Artanis on Guix with Guile-DBI
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2023 17:23:24 +0000 (UTC)

Oh, man; that did it! Looks like, besides swapping Guile 2.2 for 3.0, libltdl was needed; no way I was going to figure that out (though, interestingly, building guile-dbd-mysql is much more explicit that that's what's missing).

Regarding adding to Guix, is it possible for it to be independent of the Guile version (given you need to propagate the Guile input; and, seemingly, introducing Guile 3 seems to make libltdl a required input)? There're other packages – like guile-dsv – which have two versions (one for Guile 3 and one for 2.2): you could just have another package named specifically for Guile 3.

At least for Guile DBI, it'd be pretty easy without having to recreate the entire package; I got things working with:

(define-public guile3-dbi
  (package/inherit guile-dbi
    (inputs            (list libltdl))
    (propagated-inputs (modify-inputs (package-propagated-inputs guile-dbi)
                         (replace "guile" guile-3.0-latest)))))

Not sure how to do similar for the DBD packages given they would need to inherit from the new guile3-dbi package, though.

In any case, thank you so much; my newly built version of Artanis seems to work with my MariaDB, now.