Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell

From: Melvyn Sopacua
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] PHP and new Aspell
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:06:19 +0100

At 08:21 24-3-2002, Kevin Atkinson shared with all of us:

OK.  I have just committed several changes included your BSD patch and the
fix for pspell.h and support for creating a dummy libpspell.

Ok - I'll try it out.

If you used the CVS version of libtool

I didn't. It's heavily broken for BSDi - I get all kinds of errors.
At least - the HEAD. What tag did you checkout?
Libtool 1.4 works correctly for me. 1.4.1/2 are broken from PHP's point of
view.

 AND PHP uses libtools (doesn't
necessary have to be the CVS version) to link in pspell OR you used the CVS
version of libtool and BSDI correctly handles interlibrary dependences
(I know Linux does, Solaris does not, have no idea for BSDI)

Yes and no.
GD is a classic case. I modified the GD Makefile to use libtool, same for PNG
and Zlib. Still - if I link it into PHP, and as a SHARED module into Apache,
it breaks SIGHUP and SIGUSR1. If I compile PHP statically into Apache, everything
is fine.
I've been told it has something to do with an internal counter not being updated
correctly and dlopen and dlclose are the culprits.

 then
*should* PHP should work without with out any of your modifications due to
the dummy libpspell.  If the above criteria it met it should also not be
necessary to link in libstdc++.

I'll give it a try.

If however, this is not the case the best way to test for the New Aspell
is to look for the aspell.h header file.

This wouldn't conflict with the old aspell?

Best regards,

Melvyn Sopacua
WebMaster IDG.nl
If it applies, where it applies - this email is a personal
contribution and does not reflect the views of my employer
IDG.nl.