Re: [aspell-devel] Applying a diff

From: Thorsten Maerz
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Applying a diff
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:24:40 +0100

Hi Alexandre,

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:42:55 -0500 Alexandre Leduc <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm kind of new to the diff/patch utilities and I'm having difficulty
> figuring out how to apply "aspell-0.50-vc++.diff" to the "aspell-0.50.3"
> source. I tries patch (I have Cygwin) but the process seems to hang
> forever with no CPU utilization and no output whatsoever.
>
> Can someone tell me what's the proper command line I should use to apply
> the diff?

Extract the diff into the aspell source directory, open a console there
and run
  patch -p1 < aspell-0.50-vc++.diff

Maybe your tools are outdated or broken. I've zipped together those
I most frequently use for building ported unix applications:
  http://claws-w32.sourceforge.net/sylpheed/unix-tools-021101.zip

HTH,
--
Thorsten Maerz          <address@hidden>