Re: [aspell-devel] Applying a diff

From: Brian Nelson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Applying a diff
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:47:21 -0800

Alexandre Leduc <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm kind of new to the diff/patch utilities and I'm having difficulty
> figuring out how to apply "aspell-0.50-vc++.diff" to the "aspell-0.50.3"
> source. I tries patch (I have Cygwin) but the process seems to hang
> forever with no CPU utilization and no output whatsoever.
>
> Can someone tell me what's the proper command line I should use to apply
> the diff?

patch is a traditional Unix utility, meaning it expects the input to
come from standard input.  That means you need to use redirection to
redirect the file to standard input with the < operator like so:

patch -p1 <aspell-0.50-vc++.diff

Read the man page for details of the -p argument.

--
My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?