Re: [aspell-devel] kde with aspell-0.50.3

From: Christoph Hintermüller
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] kde with aspell-0.50.3
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 14:54:50 +0200

Hi

> But before to switch to aspell in koffice, I will want to know if there
> is a method to convert ispell dictionary to aspell.

Afaik ispell dictionaries use affix compression which is just right now in
state of early developement for aspell. And it will take some time until
affix compression becomes part of official distribution, as Kevin right
now is doing his master project, and me how offered to help him, I started
to be a resurch assitant and dooing my phd.
But it might be that there is another way to convert ispells affix
dictionaries to aspells (>=0.50) phonetic dictionaries asside of manual
conversion.
cu
Christoph