Re: [aspell-devel] kde with aspell-0.50.3

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] kde with aspell-0.50.3
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 19:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Christoph Hintermüller wrote:

> Hi
>
> > But before to switch to aspell in koffice, I will want to know if there
> > is a method to convert ispell dictionary to aspell.
> >

> But it might be that there is another way to convert ispells affix
> dictionaries to aspells (>=0.50) phonetic dictionaries asside of manual
> conversion.

There is no way to convert a compiled Ispell dictionary to an Aspell one,
and i doubt there ever will be.  Using Ispell it is possible to remove
expand a affix compressed word list but I don't remember the exact
options.  You can then use this word list to create a dictionary for
Aspell.

What languages are not available for Ispell but not Aspell?

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org