[aspell-devel] Re: GNU Aspell 0.60 Released

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: [aspell-devel] Re: GNU Aspell 0.60 Released
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:59:32 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Brian Nelson wrote:

> I'm still working with the Debian dictionaries-common maintainer (since
> d-c already does the same for ispell) on generating the dictionary
> hashes at install time instead of at build time.

OK.  When compiling the dictionary Aspell checks if the input is valid in
various ways.  Some of them, especially the ones that check if an affix
flags is valid and applicable, can be time consuming.  It is safe to turn
these off if no warning are reported when compiling the word list.  The
options of interest are "validate-affixes" and "validate-words".

Earlier you mentioned the problem of installing both Aspell 0.50 and
Aspell 0.60 due to the fact that I chose not to increment the so-name.  I
have attempted to remedy this situation by adding an compile time option
to increment the so-name.  Have you looked into this possibility?

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org