Re: [aspell-devel] A few suggested updates for aspell.info 0.60

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] A few suggested updates for aspell.info 0.60
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:40:51 -0600 (MDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Jose Da Silva wrote:

> On Thursday 09 September 2004 06:08 pm, you wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 September 2004 03:21 pm, you wrote:
> > > Thanks.  But next time PLEASE edit the SOURCE file (*.texi) not the
> > > generated info file (*.info).   I will have to manually apply your
> > > changes to the source file.  If you modified the source file I could
> > > just apply the patch.
>
> I think this is it, but I haven't "compiled" these files yet since I don't
> know what has to be done to make them compile inot their respective files,
> therefore I think they are okay, but unfortunately, are untested.

Just type "make" in the manual directory.  To recreate the HTML
documentation type "make aspell.html".  That should work.  However, if you
are using an older version of texinfo than I have you _might_ get some
errors.

> I noticed both texi files had a lot of trailing spaces which may be a good
> thing to remove if unneeded, or may not be a good thing to remove if it
> affects something else......  I don't know how to compile results, otherwise
> would verify for myself first before sending these patches.    :-/

Well removing them didn't do any harm.  But it does make fining the real
changes more difficult.  Next time please do a "diff -uwb" to ignore
whitspace (-w) and blank line (-b) changes.

Anyway, I applied you changes and committed.  Thanks a lot.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org