[aspell-devel] LGPL -2

From: Gary Setter
Subject: [aspell-devel] LGPL -2
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:44:09 -0600

Hi,

I was reading the LGPL yesterday. As I understand it, to release
a program that incorporates a library covered under the LGPL I
must include my own name in the sources that I modify and I must
at lest distribute the source for the library plus object files
for the application. Do I understand that properly?

I'm trying to arrange testing for a diary program that uses
Aspell, so I'm trying to make sure I'm doing things properly. The
diary program is too simple and common to make commercial, so I
will be making it open source.

If Kevin, or anyone else has comments, or questions concerning
what I'm doing I'd like to hear from you.

Best regards,
Gary Setter