Re: [aspell-devel] Testing new dictionary for Oriya

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Testing new dictionary for Oriya
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:55:03 -0700 (MST)

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Gora Mohanty wrote:

Hello,
 I have developed a new aspell dictionary for Oriya,
an Indian language in Unicode,

Please send me the dictionary in a private email so I can have a look.

Is anyone aware of an aspell interface that can correctly display Unicode? I am going to try the latest gedit spellchecker plugin tomorrow.

Sorry Aspell does not have a GUI front end on the curses version so you need a terminal the can corectly handle unicode for your lang.

 Incidentally, I am part of the IndLinux project
(http://indlinux.org) and hope to introduce at least
such rudimentary dictionaries for the other Indian
languages (Bengali is already there) in Unicode,
provided I can get wordlists from my colleagues.

Great!  Let me know when you have something.

P.S. Incidentally, some links from the homepage at
    http://aspell.net give a 403 forbidden error,
    including the "Manual", "Supported Links" and
    "Devel Docs" links.

Fixed.,  Sorry about that.