Re: [aspell-devel] patch: fixes in the doc

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] patch: fixes in the doc
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 11:46:42 -0700

On Thursday 08 April 2010 11:18:33 Gora Mohanty wrote:
> Kevin Atkinson <address@hidden> wrote:
> > So for now Aspell will stay with the crusty old CVS.

If the project isn't moving forward, there is no need to change the
underlying version control. You only add more work to the maintenance side
without any tangible reward or improvement on the project itself. Better to
run one crusty old CVS versus having to switch to another sort of control
which might change yet again.
Concentrate your efforts on something that is going to give results.

> Secondly, my personal preference for a DVCS. should such a move be
> made, would be for Mercurial in preference to git, though that is
> very likely a personal bias from familiarity with Mercurial over
> git. Nevertheless, it would be good to hear arguments in favour of
> one over the other.

The fact is that the maintainer would be the one that would have to live
with the effects of any changes, hate-it or love-it. This is really a
decision for the maintainer(s) - the rest of us can only provide opinions.