Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Version string in TeX mode commands...

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Version string in TeX mode commands...
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:31:47 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
> a) take the version string from autoconf.

This is the usual way to do it.

> e) Just go by the last ChangeLog entry (releases have special syntax
> and can be discerned).

Since we have quite a few CVS users, I can see the need for doing it
this way.

> d) use the release number if a regularly exported release, use the
> topmost date in the ChangeLog file if not.

This is probably the sanest alternative. Now, ISTR Uwe is using his own
CVS repository for XEmacs packaging, correct? This has to be robust so
that we won't get confusing bug reports, for Uwe's XEmacs packages.

/JÅ