Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex-bar.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex-bar.el
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 19:58:34 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-21) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>      (TeX-bar-LaTeX-button-alist): Reenable mode-specific
>>      images for View button.
>>      (LaTeX-install-toolbar): Add `toolbarx-refresh' to
>>      `TeX-PDF-mode-hook'.
>
> TeX-PDF-mode-hook.  Of course.  Why don't I think of such things?  I
> remember proposing a new hook for that.

It turned out that this might not be the only occasion where we have
to force/trigger a refresh of the toolbar.  For example in XEmacs the
button for jumping to errors is not updated once an error occurs.  I
don't know how this happens in Emacs.  It's probably the result of a
redisplay event.  Anyway, for XEmacs we will have to do this as soon
as the appropriate condition for the button enable test changes.
Maybe in a process sentinel.

It worries me a bit that we have to look for such events manually
ourselves.  But I guess if one wants an event-driven update there's
now way around it.  In case of toolbar buttons there are now events
like with menus where one can trigger an update as soon as the user
opens the menu.