[AUCTeX-devel] Ok, I am too stupid to make this work.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Ok, I am too stupid to make this work.
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:48:01 +0200

I am frequently annoyed by the semantics of C-c C-e in connection with
macrocode environments, as well as C-c C-e on active regions.

Here are the problems I try to address with the following patch:

a) a macrocode environment has its begin/end lines _always_
outcommented by single comment characters, regardless of where one
calls C-c C-e.
b) inside of the macrocode environment, no comment characters should
be inserted automatically at all, regardless of whether there was an
active region at the start or not.
c) it is a bad idea to call LaTeX-fill-environment instead of
LaTeX-fill-region if we already know where the environment starts and
ends, since LaTeX-fill-environment might be confused about start and
end.
d) after calling C-c C-e on an active region, point and mark should be
left close to where they were before.

Unfortunately, this patch does not work at all and I am missing the
respective clue to fix it.  This really makes for a lot of usability
of the docTeX mode.

Takers?