[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Quote after quote behavior

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Quote after quote behavior
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:37:17 +0100

* David Kastrup (2005-11-30) writes:

> Maybe a sequence
> "
> "`
> ""
> "`"
> """
> ?

Yeah, but this is only sensible if " is an active character.  ``" does
not make much sense.  For this to work we'd have to keep track which
babel options make " active.

In addition a sequence like
"
"`
"`"
""
"""
would probably be less surprising because it does not flip from "` to
"" and back to "`.  But I still like your suggestion more because I
consider "" to be needed more frequently than "`".

With respect to the above thoughts I am a bit reluctant to change
quote after quote insertion further.  What we have now is better than
before in my opinion and the above sequences are somewhat insane.