Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Use `C-q $' to force a dollar

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Use `C-q $' to force a dollar
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 10:07:35 +0100

* David Kastrup (2005-12-01) writes:

> ( blablabla ]
>
> It just outputs "Mismatched parentheses" in the echo area, and that's
> it.  The character still gets inserted.
>
> What do you think?

Would be fine with me.  Having a cursory look at changes in tex.el
this would probably be the same behavior AUCTeX exhibited before June
1998 modulo the warning message, see `cvs diff -u -r5.161 -r5.162'.

In addition it would be nice if show-paren-mode indicated matched and
mismatched math togglers.  By the way, dollar matching as done by
`TeX-insert-dollar' is a little bit off kilter in cases like

\begin{verbatim}
$ ls
\end{verbatim}
<-- insert $ here