[AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming release

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming release
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:22:33 +0100

For your attention: I am intending to release AUCTeX 11.82 in a few
days, possibly on the weekend.  If you have reasons for delaying the
release please speak up now.

The RELEASE and changes.texi files should be pretty up to date.  If
you think something is missing or incorrect, please let me know.

Has anybody else thought about what to do with the preview package?
This hasn't changed since the last AUCTeX release, so I think a new
upload to CTAN just because of a changed version number is not
necessary.  I even thought about decoupling AUCTeX/preview-latex and
preview versioning.  But this might get confusing over time because
one loses the information about which version of preview.sty works
with which version of AUCTeX/preview-latex.