[AUCTeX-devel] Parsing bug in TeX-error

From: David Reitter
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Parsing bug in TeX-error
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:09:19 +0000

I've run into a strange problem with the latest AUCTeX.
After compilation, I do C-c ` to see the errors. At that point, a new buffer named "set-default" is created and eventually shown in a window.

Investigating this, it turned out that there is a find-file call for such a file:

find-file-noselect("set-default" nil nil nil)
  find-file-other-window("set-default")
  TeX-error()
  TeX-parse-error(#<buffer aquamacs.tex>)
  TeX-parse-TeX(nil)
  TeX-next-error(nil)
  call-interactively(TeX-next-error)

This happens in TeX-Error, here:

      (run-hooks 'TeX-translate-location-hook)
      (find-file-other-window file)
      (setq TeX-master master)

file, at that point, it "set-default".

What must have happened here is that the parsing strategy of TeX- error fails in this case. Looking into my LaTeX output log, I can find the exact place where the parsing error is made:

Overfull \hbox (9.7782pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 893--897
/address@hidden/To make it the de-fault, add this to your pref-er- ences file: /
address@hidden/(set-default
[21]
Overfull \hbox (4.71857pt too wide) in paragraph at lines 965--971
[]/address@hidden/Color Themes: The color-themes pack-age has been in- te-grated

The string "(set-default" occurs in a line in my original source file.
I'm attaching the output file for your reference.

I hope that this is enough description to enable you to produce a fix.