Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-latex coding problem

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-latex coding problem
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:12:17 +0100

Masayuki Ataka <address@hidden> writes:

> Ikumi-San reported me that preview-latex put preview-image in
> wrong place, if the buffer coding system is different from process
> coding system (Hmm, Japanese have 3 coding system Xp).
>
> He sent me a patch below.
> This patch works fine with Japanese document.
> I want to know this works fine with document in European languages.
> If ok, I will commit.

This seems wrong.  Why would the process encoding system from a
Japanese buffer differ from the file encoding used in the buffer from
which the compilation got started?

How can the error output from the process be in an encoding different
from what actually is in the TeX file?

I don't get it.  Maybe because I don't know enough about Japanese TeX
variants.  Can you tell us some details?