Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cross-references in changes.texi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cross-references in changes.texi
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 20:57:07 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Reiner Steib (2006-06-02) writes:
>>
>> AFAICS, these don't fit in any of the current nodes:
>>
>> ,----[ (info "(auctex)Running TeX and friends") ]
>> | * Commands::                    Invoking external commands.
>> | * Viewing::                     Invoking external viewers.
>> | * Debugging::                   Debugging TeX and LaTeX output.
>> | * Checking::                    Checking the document.
>> | * Control::                     Controlling the processes.
>> `----
>>
>> I'd suggest to add a new node "Miscellaneous Commands" or "Other
>> Commands" (or similar; suggestions?).  We could (later) add the other
>> entries from the Command menu too, if appropriate.  WDYT?
>
> Hm, I'm not sure `TeX-doc' fits into the "Running TeX and friends"
> category.  It's not really part of the typesetting cycle.

Ah, but it is running a friend of TeX...

> Unfortunately we don't have a section where it really fits.  The
> other big ones are about text manipulation and source display.  How
> about giving it its own section below "Running TeX and friends" in
> order to spell it out more explicitely?

[...]

> I guess we should explain the prefix argument as well if we present
> `TeX-clean' as a function (in contrast to a part of
> `TeX-command-list'.)

Actually, the release process is currently in a state where I'd not be
overly enthused to roll back.  Feel free to check in improvements but
don't move tags, or things might get messy.  I'd prefer to release
them as 11.84 unless Reiner or somebody else finds a real showstopper
in the currently rolled packages.