Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CTAN update: preview

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CTAN update: preview
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:16:41 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * CTAN Announcements (2006-06-09) writes:
>
>> On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, David Kastrup submitted version 11.83 of the
>>
>>   preview
>>
>> package.
>>
>> Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/preview
>> License: gpl
>>
>> Thanks for the update.
>>
>>  >
>>  > Release notes for AUCTeX 11.83 with preview-latex
>
> For the upload of version 11.81 of the preview package at CTAN I
> prepared special release notes which should be better suited for the
> purpose than AUCTeX's release notes.  Here is the content of the mail
> I sent to CTAN in case somebody wants to use it in the future:

To be honest, I don't completely remember what I actually sent to CTAN
as an upload message.  I am pretty sure that I did not actually send
the AUCTeX release notes, but I might have had some sort of brain fry.

We got preview/latex/README already: it would seem that your release
notes are largely redundant when considering the preview-specific
README.  Maybe you should just see whether the README is missing
anything important (if so, check it in), and we are going to use it in
future as text for the CTAN submission as well.