Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Usability of docTeX-mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Usability of docTeX-mode
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 11:06:17 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-07-14) writes:
>
>> But to save the user the work of rescanning the buffer after a change
>> of the parsing variables seems a bit pointless.
>
> Not if you want to spare the user having to think about rescanning the
> buffer.  That's one thing less the user has to care about.  Is there a
> reason not to be as userfriendly as possible if that's achievable with
> moderate effort?

I consider it not userfriendly to double the amount of variables he
has to look for.  If we want to save the user the trouble of applying
his changes manually to existing buffers after customization, we can
use an appropriate setter function.

If the only thing that we have to cater for is "customize", I don't
think we need duplicate local variables.