[AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze

From: Frank Küster
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: New auctex version coming, and the freeze
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:15:43 +0200

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> yes, I knew from the developers' list.  I will be able to work on it
> next week.  We're going to have a problem, though, the same old problem
> of the new DFSG interpretation WRT the GNU FDL.  David will release the
> manual for 11.54 under the GNU FDL

That will mean that I will no longer contribute to AUCTeX
documentation.  Bad enough that I have signed the paperwork and cannot
prevent my old texts from being incorporated in a document under a
misdrafted license.

> and he will probably have to add
> front and back covers (as per GNU Maintainer Guidelines), though no
> invariant sections.

Front and back covers are invariant; however that doesn't matter for my
decision.

> At this moment
> David is talking to RMS to try and have an exception (i.e., pure GNU FDL
> without front and back cover, no invariant sections).

I was under the impression that if a manual was under GPL, it could
stay, and need not be relicensed.

Anybody on the auctex developers' list feeling like forking from the
last GPL'ed manual?

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster