Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes in font locking
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:58:14 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2007-03-13) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Could have been copied from Emacs 21.
>>
>> I doubt it.
>
> Well, the call to `copy-syntax-table' is in the sources of Emacs 21.
>
>> Can't check the Emacs CVS, however, since Savannah is
>> down.
>
> What do you need CVS for?  `grep-find' did it for me.
>
> 2003-02-20  Stefan Monnier  <address@hidden>
>
>       * subr.el (with-syntax-table): Don't copy the table any more.

Unless nobody checked this using Emacs 21.4, it would then appear that
`copy-syntax-table' behaves indeed differently in XEmacs 21.5 and
Emacs 21.4.  Which of the two would be correct, I have no idea.  But
the call to `copy-syntax-table' seems like a mistake, anyway, and I am
surprised that we got no complaints from Emacs 21 users yet.