Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Default environment for "LaTeX-environment"

From: Dirk Ullrich
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Default environment for "LaTeX-environment"
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 18:27:42 +0100

2009/2/7 Ralf Angeli <address@hidden>:
> * Dirk Ullrich (2009-02-06) writes:
>
>> when calling "LaTeX-environment" for a LaTeX buffer that contains only
>> whitespace between point and the buffer's begin, "document" is
>> suggested as default environment to be inserted. I would like that
>> behavior extended to LaTeX buffers with nothing but commented lines
>> and whitespace between point and the begin of the buffer. (This is
>> useful, for instance, if you use, like I, a standard comment block at
>> the begin of every LaTeX file.)
>>
>> To get this I have enhanced "TeX-near-bobp" with an optional argument.
>> When non-nil, not only whitespace lines will be skipped but commented
>> lines too. This allows to get behavior sketched above.
>
> `TeX-near-bobp' is only used when dealing with the insertion of a
> document environment, so we probably don't even need to add an optional
> argument.
I must admit that I didn't check `TeX-near-bobp's usage beside
`LaTeX-environment'. Thus I tried to be backward compatible. This was
the reason to use an *optional* argument. I did use an argument at all
because I prefer to pass parameters explicitely via arguments.

>> Maybe it's a good idea to preserve the old behavior for docTeX. But
>> this could easily be acomplished by letting the optional argument of
>> the enhanced "TeX-near-bobp" depend on the buffer's mode.
>
> That would be good.  (But first we'll have to take care of the copyright
> assignment if there is none yet.)
See my reply to your anwser to my former e-mail.

> --
> Ralf

Dirk