[AUCTeX-devel] Patches and enumerate.el

From: Mads Jensen
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Patches and enumerate.el
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 21:39:52 +0100

Hi,

I have made some new style files for some packages, including cleveref
and enumerate. It's enjoyable to code them, and a nice way to learn some
emacs lisp :-)  I previously sent memoir.el some weeks ago, but think it
was overlooked, so I'm resubmitting it.

Since I missed mentioning of `LaTeX-after-insert-env-hooks' and
`TeX-complete-list', I have two paragraphs that describe this to
auctex.texi.  I also included a brief example of LaTeX-item-list.  I
tried to copy and paste from similar paragraphs to get the writing style
as the rest of the manual.  Could somebody please have a look at it, and
possibly rewrite it to fit the style of the rest of manual?  I think I
added the things to the logical places.  Thank you.

I get an error about char-or-string-p when running enumerate.el, and I'm
not sure why.  I wanted to experiment a bit with
LaTeX-after-insert-env-hooks, and am well aware that adding an optional
argument in a new definition would override the previous definition.  I
didn't find emacs's debug information particular helpful.

Some style files were updated with new commands/symbols, and some new
regexes for the `TeX-complete-list'.  This goes for listings.el (I sent
a patch without a changelog entry a couple of weeks ago) and varioref.el
which has the new commands from after 1999, including regexes for the
completion, plus a few new options.

The TODO file mentioned that it would be nice to have completion for
counters; as `TeX-arg-counter' includes a definition argument, it was
quite simple to fix this.  However, it required a new variable which
style files for document classes can append to, e.g., book has part and
chapter which are not included in article.  I'm in doubt whether LaTeX
has any native savebox/sbox defined (other than @tempa and @tempb which
are internal).  Since there is also a definition argument, it shouldn't
be difficult to append this at some point.

ChangeLog entries are attached in changelog.txt for all new work.  The
ChangeLog file has mixed 2013-01-11 and 2013-01-10, as Mose Giordano has
two entries under 2013-01-10 in two different places.

Please keep me in CC.
--
Med Venlig Hilsen / Kind Regards,
Mads Jensen