Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Suggestion for TeX-arg-label/ref

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Suggestion for TeX-arg-label/ref
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:00:07 +0200

Mads Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mads,

> If you mark something, and want to use that marked text as an argument
> in \ref, you're still met with the dialogue for RefTeX. Would it be
> possible to add (I don't mind having a shot at this) a test to insert
> the marked text, instead of doing the automatic reftex/auctex argument
> prompt?

I have no clue how that could work.  When you put an active region
around some label text (that's what I think you mean with mark), then
point is at the beginning or end of that label text, and almost
certainly you don't want to insert the \ref inside the \label.

So I guess you probably want to use the top entry of the kill-ring as
argument of the \ref.  But then how can auctex know when you want to do
that?