Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About commonly used and "expert" macros/environments

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About commonly used and "expert" macros/environments
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:48:36 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

2013/11/8 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>
> I've now implemented a better approach.

Thanks to you and to David, it was beyond my Elisp skills :-)

If a user sets `TeX-complete-expert-commands' to nil, the expert
macros are not used in autocompletion of `TeX-insert-macro' but if
they are inserted the arguments of that macro are prompted as usual,
is it correct?  It seems a very good solution!

> The only thing that I haven't managed to implement until now is a way to
> _temporary_ enable expert commands for one single completion, because
> prefix args are already used differently by `TeX-insert-macro' and
> `LaTeX-environment'.

How about a function to toggle the value of
`TeX-complete-expert-commands' between t and nil?  The only problem I
see is with the key binding, if we want it, because there are few C-c
C-<letter> combinations still free (probably only `a', `u', and `z').