[AUCTeX-devel] a LaTeX-env-usepackage environment

From: Carlos
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] a LaTeX-env-usepackage environment
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 08:28:36 -0500

Tassilo and Mosè:

Back in - let's see - April 2013 with the subject line Improve completion in
TeX-arg-document e LaTeX-arg-usepackage, it all boiled down that document as an
environment should not be changed to class. Although the question I have, is
slightly unrelated, at one point I was able to accomplish it. But it turns out,
that the packages are not bound to the keys that would insert an environment
either. So why can't I have something like the following?

(defun LaTeX-env-usepackage (&optional ignore)
  "Insert new LaTeX package."
  (TeX-insert-macro "usepackage")
  (LaTeX-newline)
  (LaTeX-newline)
  (end-of-line 0)
  (setq LaTeX-document-style-hook nil))

And just a    '("usepackage" LaTeX-env-usepackage) in the list of environments?

The reasoning behind this is in that knowing that `C-c C-e`is bound to
insert an environment, so why not get it over with, while at it?

Tassilo, also, you and Kastrup came across a ghostscript operand error in which
the different versions of ghostscript ( earlier versions) disallowed the
document from compiling. I read it and bookmarked it, but can't find it now.
Perhaps it's somewhere in the list. Is this related with the fact that context
and not texexec, fails to bring the viewer as long as pdf mode is not enabled?

Take care.