Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Override autodetection of biblatex backend

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Override autodetection of biblatex backend
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 23:16:47 +0200

Hi Tassilo

> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Mosè,
>
>> I believe we have the best Biber/BibTeX management among all TeX
>> editor: the user only needs to enable parsing to make AUCTeX selects
>> for him/her the right backend.
>
> I probably should start using it then. :-)

Yes, you really should! ;-)

>> My only concern is that we still can't manually select the appropriate
>> backend when parsing isn't enabled.  Should we also set
>> `LaTeX-using-Biber' inside `LaTeX-mode-hook'?  Maybe something like
>> (setq LaTeX-using-Biber
>>       (if (local-variable-p 'LaTeX-biblatex-use-Biber)
>>       LaTeX-biblatex-use-Biber))
>> without further checks.
>
> Seems fine to me, so feel free to install it.

Thank you, done.  In addition, I also moved advising of
`LaTeX-add-environments' after definition of`LaTeX-environment-menu'
and `LaTeX-environment-modify-menu' because every time I opened a
LaTeX document, a *Compile-Log* buffer was created complaining about
assignment to free variables.