Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TeX output dimensions in ConTeXt
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 10:10:48 +0200

Hi Carlos,

> You asked "what's wrong with ConTeXt Full?".
>
> I guess nothing is wrong, if the document was compiled with it a while
> ago.
>
> I also think that if ("context full") returns an error such as "no
> more errors", when there are errors, something is not right.

We don't have an error parser for ConTeXt.  If nothing tells AUCTeX
there are errors, AUCTeX will tell you there are no errors even if
errors are there.

> I'm not quite sure either, how far back, is mark iv compatible with
> it. I wouldn't put all the eggs in a basket.
>
> I know you don't like elimination of code. And you have made your
> position about it, clear enough.
>
> Fine. But I don't see why a "mark iv"definition in auctex, is not
> added.

I should know first what "mark iv" is before having a position on it
:-)  I'm open to any improvement, it's just I don't know anything
about ConTeXt, sorry.  What should be avoided is breaking user's
settings, for example by changing a command in `TeX-command-list'.
Ok, we did break something from time to time, but not too frequently.