Re: [AUCTeX-devel] \Bbb{Q} tex--prettify-symbols-alist

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] \Bbb{Q} tex--prettify-symbols-alist
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 21:09:30 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Uwe,

>  \Bbb{Q} is not included in  tex--prettify-symbols-alist

Now it is. ;-)

>  what is the corresponding UFT8 symbol?

211A / ℚ

>  Where can I find a list of such a correspondence?

You could have looked up the other \Bbb symbols which were already
defined, e.g., \Bbb{N} is 8469 (decimal) which is 2115 (hex).  Then you
could have entered the hex code into the search box of

    http://unicode.org/charts/

which would have brought you to the

    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2100.pdf

chart.

What also work when you can somehow describe the symbol you are looking
for is `C-x 8 ret' and then using completion.  So here we are looking
for a Q which has two stoken though it, and indeed the unicode char's
name is DOUBLE-STRUCK CAPITAL Q.