[AUCTeX-devel] Extending xparse.el to parse argument specification

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Extending xparse.el to parse argument specification
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:30:46 +0200

Hi all,

I was thinking about how to extend xparse.el in order to parse argument
specs (which can be quite complicated) and now have a working setup --
diff and patched xparse.el are attached.  Main work is done by
`LaTeX-xparse-macro-parse'.  I don't have much experience with this kind
of parsing within Emacs.  Question: Is this kind of implementation
robust enough or are there better ways to do the job?

Here a small document I played with:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xparse}

\DeclareDocumentCommand \Foo { > { \ReverseBoolean } s o > { \SplitList { ; } }
m r!! }{
  \ProcessList {#1} { \SomeDocumentFunction }
}

\begin{document}
C-c C-m Foo RET
\end{document}