Re: [AUCTeX-devel] files with non-ascii characters and LaTeX as in TeXLi

From: Ikumi Keita
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] files with non-ascii characters and LaTeX as in TeXLive 2018
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 20:54:10 +0900

> If filename is containing # or ~ it must have them like \string# and \string~
> in the above

> (I made a brief test with file primárias~.tex and the above with
> \input{primárias\string~.tex} worked on command line)

Thanks, I think we don't have to care about "#" and "~" in the file
name on the command line.  The code in AUCTeX has not taken care of
those characters on the command line long since, and such file names has
not been processed right even before TL 2018.
I don't know why `TeX-quote-filename' pays special attention to "#" and
"~" whereas no special treatment is done on "#" and "~" in the file
name on the command line and doubt the necessity of such treatment, but
I tried to keep compatibility with the current code since I was not 100%
sure.

Regards,
Ikumi Keita