Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex

From: Ken Sharp
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [gs-devel] Asking help for preview-latex
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2019 15:15:28 +0100

At 21:35 22/06/2019 +0900, Ikumi Keita wrote:

Thank you for your detailed explanation.  I realize it is almost
hopeless to achive our original intent by just replacing the existing
Postscript code.

Don't give up entirely yet, we are still discussing this internally, but I wanted to be realistic in my reply.

  I'm a bit surprised since adjusting the background
color of the generated image to that of emacs still works under gs-9.27.

That's because you are leveraging the BeginPage functionality of PostScript. Its difficult to explain why in detail but as long as the PDF interpreter is written in PostScript that is unlikely to change.

Perhaps it might be a loophole left in gs-9.27 and we possibly have to
be prepared that the future Ghostscript disables this feature as well.

Its possible, I can't deny it, we are always changing the code to fix bugs and add features.

                Regards,

                    Ken Sharp