Re: XEmacs code remainder in font-latex.el

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: XEmacs code remainder in font-latex.el
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 22:01:25 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Frankly, I find it inconvenient that a warning gets generated.  This
> kind of guard code to check for version-specific features is not
> constrained to XEmacs compatibility.

Sorry for the late response.  I agree, for this case, one has to write

    (when (and (fboundp 'built-in-face-specifiers)
               (fboundp 'face-property-instance)
               (fboundp 'set-face-property))
      ... )

in order to avoid compiler warnings.  Or declare them in advance, which
is also inconvenient.

I wish Emacs had `with-suppressed-warnings' earlier.  Doesn't help for
undefined functions, but would help to suppress other warnings emitted
while building AUCTeX more conveniently.

Best, Arash