Re: patch 1

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: patch 1
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 08:18:44 +0200

>>> "TH" == Tassilo Horn <tsdh@gnu.org> writes:

   > Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
   > Hi Uwe,

   >> -    style/tex-live.el
   >> +    style/tex-live.el  style/algorithm.el \
   >                                                  ^
   > Like in the other patch, no need for the \.

Ok,
   >> +;; Copyright (C) 2016--2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   >                     ^^^^^^^^^^
   > I think the year of adding it publicly is what's important here, not
   > the years you've maintained it privately.

ok

   >> +(declare-function font-latex-add-keywords
   >> +           "font-latex"
   >> +           (keywords class))

   > You don't use it, so don't forward-declare it.

ok
   >> +(TeX-add-style-hook
   >> + "algorithm"
   >> + (lambda ()
   >> +   (TeX-run-style-hooks "article")

   > Why is that needed?

I thought that should be in any style which is called via usepackage
(when I used it, I did not write down, why), ok I remove it.

   >> +   (LaTeX-add-environments
   >> +    '("algorithm"  LaTeX-env-algorithm ))
   >> +   (TeX-add-symbols
   >> +    '("listofalgorithms" 0))
   >> +   (add-to-list 'LaTeX-label-alist '("algorithm" .
LaTeX-algorithm-label) t)
   > That's not defined in the style...

Good point.  I do labeling and references to labels by
reftex, so I really don't care (I once wrote a style in which I used
reftex, and somebody, maybe you or Arash shouted at me, so for the exam
style, with the help of Arash, I put in auctex labeling and reference)
So here is a question:
should I add auctex referring and labeling, or spare me the hassle and
wait for users to complain? ;-)

Uwe